Goodbye Crutches was the original distributor of the Freedom Leg in December of 2009. Based upon patients feedback from the first 25 units, the product was dropped.
Here’s what we found from patients…
85% returned with in 3 days because:
- Didn’t fit anatomy (too short, too tall, straps too short, couldn’t tighten enough)
- Cast didn’t fit through rails
- Couldn’t get toe off ground
Of those who kept them, complaints included:
- Foot pad worn away – no traction
- Velcro straps no longer held
- Replacement parts not available
Most concerning to us was that three (12% broke catastrophically while in use (rail buckled) causing the patients to fall.
This was representative of most experiences: